These cards will also last for a long time, no matter what the application.
Thanks to their durability and high-quality graphics, plastic cards can be used in a lot of different situations. They are visual like most business cards, but they can also interact with machines.
Since they have so many uses, businesses can get advantages from printing on plastic.
- Plastic Can Be Eco-friendly
- Plastic cards don't have to have a negative environmental impact. These cards are fully recyclable.
- There are PVC cards on the market which degrade when they come in contact with such organic materials such as composite and soil, and this can happen as quickly as within four years.
- New cards can be made from recycled plastic too, further reducing the environmental footprint.
- Free Instant Plastic Card Quote
To get more info on custom plastic cards and competitive pricing, fill in the form below. PLASTIC CARD PRINTERS
Not all plastic card printers are equal, and ensuring you find the right printer for your needs necessitates a careful examination of the job ahead.
We'll help you find the right plastic card printer, and at an affordable price. Plastic Card ID offers: Shop the best printer brands on our easy-to-navigate website.
Save up to 50% on printers and supplies with our everyday low prices.
Read candid product reviews from people just like you! Savings of up to 50% on printers and supplies Expert support before, during and after your purchase
Top 5 Factors to Consider Before Buying an ID Card Printer
Finding the right ID card printer can be intimidating – understand these 5 key factors to help get the best printer for the job. 1) Single or Dual-Sided Printer
You can get most card printers in either a single-side or dual-side model.
Single sided are more cost-effective but require you to manually flip and re-print to the backside of the cards. Dual sided card printers will save time on large batches. 2) Dye Sublimation or Reverse Transfer
Dye sublimation printers are the most common and cost-effective type of printer.
They require the use of ribbon that has panels made to infuse color on the card, however it leaves a small white border behind on each card. Reverse transfer or re-transfer printers use a ribbon and transfer film to produce higher-quality results with better color bleed and no white border on the cards. 3) Volume Requirements
Companies that print larger batches will want printers with larger hopper sizes faster print speeds and that have high yield ribbons available.
If your company only needs to print small amounts, you can save money when you purchase the handfed printer or the printers that don’t require the high volume features. 4) Visible Security Elements and Lamination Laminating ID cards significantly adds to the cost of them while also increasing their durability, but this is essential for cards which will be regularly swiped through a reader.
Lamination can also be used to add security features like holograms.
There are some considerably less expensive methods of adding visual security, for instance using holographic card stock, watermarks, and hologram stickers. 5) Connection Type
All ID card printers can be directly connected to a PC with a USB cable.
For Mac connections, make sure to select a printer with Mac compatibility. Need to connect to a network to print from more than one computer? Then choose a printer that has an Ethernet. What are PVC ID Card Printers?
A PVC card printer is just another term for an ID card printer.
PVC is a very strong type of plastic that is well-suited to the creation of all sorts of cards. The credit and bank cards you carry are very likely made from it. This means that a PVC card printer can really involve any kind of photo ID maker. How do PVC Card Printers Work?
There are a few different techniques for transferring images to a PVC ID card. Some of the most common techniques to print on PVC cards include dye sublimation and reverse transfer. Dye Sublimation
Dye sublimation printing is probably the most popular method of printing cards and uses an ink ribbon with panels for the three primary colors (yellow, cyan, and magenta).
Dye sublimation is a term used mostly with color PVC card printers - when black and white PVC card printers are used, the process is referred to as resin thermal transfer. Dye sublimation is a term commonly used with color PVC card printers - for a black and white PVC card printer; this process is called resin thermal transfer.
To download a brochure or see a demonstration of the Badgy Printer go to: https://www.evolis.com/plastic-card-printers/badgy200-card-printer
The Evolis Badgy200 is the LOWEST priced printer for color plastic cards on the market today.
This is a single-sided printer that allows for printing on card backs as an option.
Instead, you can use a single-sided printer and simply flip the card over to run it through to print on the back.
You save $600, the cost difference between a single-sided and a dual-sided card printer.
Badgy offers turnkey solutions, for both PCs and Mac computers. They consist of the Evolis
Badgy provides you with a turnkey printing solution for PC or Mac. The package includes a plastic card printer, the Evolis Badge Studio card personalization software, and a pack of consumables (color ribbon and blank plastic cards) good for 100 prints.
In addition, a free card template library is available at www.badgy.com, where you can personalize the template of your choice, adding text, logos, photos, barcodes, and more. PRINTING ON DEMAND Badgy200 allows you to print your own cards quickly and effortlessly.
Print your badges as you need them, as single cards or in small batches. SAVING TIME
The Badgy200 has a consistent output of 95 color cards every single hour.
You can also import data from a database and add information to your designs with a single click, then launch a print run of badges with one command, including variable data.
A STRONGER BRAND IMAGE
The Badgy200 Printer produces personalized plastic cards using edge-to-edge professional quality printing, so that your organization's brand image can be strongly highlighted.
EASY TO USE The Badgy200 is installed and used like a standard office printer.
The cards are loaded and retrieved through a simple hopper that is located right on the front of the printer.
The Badgy Premium Suite lets you control your printer from your computer and receive notifications and status updates. The Badgy print ribbons are easy to install and automatically recognized by the printer.
The Badgy200 is smaller than a letter-sized sheet of paper, so it can fit easily into any workspace needed.
- The Badgy200 is incredibly lightweight – only 9 pounds.
- Personalized Card Badges
- Badgy empowers you to print your own customized badges color, with professional quality, whenever and wherever you want! This solution allows the instant production of personalized, secure cards for all kinds of applications.
- A Card Printer
Plastic provides a superior result no matter what type of card you're creating.
- Badgy empowers you to print the badges you want, whenever and wherever you need them, in full color and professional quality.
- Badgy200 printer
- Product features
- Easy operation
- The Evolis Badgy200 is unbelievably simple to install, run and maintain.
- The system is compact and lightweight, so it fits well into almost any office workspace.
- Evolis presents the Badgy200 solution created to help you print superior-quality color badges with ease.
- Badgy200 can fulfill all of your printing card needs when instant card production or graphic personalization is required for single cards or small batches.
- The Badgy200 color ID card printer is perfect for making personalized employee, visitor and event badges, library student and membership cards, and much more!
- Badge Studio Plus and Badgy Premium Suite for Windows
- Badgy comes with a single installation CD that includes Badge Studio + software, card templates, and the printer driver.
- Design and print professional grade, edge-to-edge badges or ID cards with the Evolis Badge Studio + software, included with Badgy200.
- The Badgy200 is compatible with PC and Mac operating systems and provides the opportunity to create personalized badges in seconds.
- You can control all aspects of the printing process from a computer using Badgy Premium Suite.
- Printer management and configuration tool with graphic notifications
- 24/7 online support
- We offer thousands of free card templates at badgy.com, where you can customize the template of your choosing by adding text, logos, photos, and more.
- Color Ribbon, Cards, and Power Accessories
- Badgy200 B22U0000RS has everything you need to start using your printer and begin printing cards right away:
- 100 blank PVC cards, the size of a standard credit card
- Installation CD with the printer driver, the Badge Studio + software, and card template.
- USB cable
- 100 blank PVC cards, the size of a standard credit card
Evolis Badgy200 System Description The Evolis Badgy200 system is an affordable solution, perfect for low volume card printing applications. It’s a complete, all-in-one solution that’s perfect for new users.
The Badgy System includes:
Evolis Badge Studio, that comes with card personalization software (which is compatible with Mac and PCs)
Evolis Badge Studio and card personalization software for Mac and PC
A consumables pack, including plastic cards and a ribbon
Badgy features a 25-card input/output tray at the front, ribbon reloading at the top, and the USB and power connection at the back.
An LCD control panel makes this printer easy to use.
Quality and cost effectiveness Badgy200 feature full-color, superior quality prints that cover the entire surface of the card, from edge to edge. Adding bar codes is also not a problem with Badgy.
Whether you print one or 100 cards, the overall cost of printing cards is impressively low and easy on your overall budget.
Plus, you can save power in the money-saving hibernation mode.
Evolis Badgy Badgy200 Overview This printer utilizes dye sublimation and thermal transfer technology to produce prints at 300 dpi and with 2 million colors.
With a color YMCKO print speed of 95 cards per hour and a monochrome speed of 325 cards per hour, this printer is incredibly fast!
Premium Suite includes:
Full-color YMCKO ribbon with a 100-print capacity
You can print badges or ID cards while personalizing them when you use Evolis Badgy, at any time - either one at a time or in batches: Staff ID badges
Visitor badges Visitor badges